Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend Reprise


After being away for the weekend I returned to the farm on Sunday night. The weekend was nice as it was an opportunity to see my best friend Lexi, his girlfriend Amanda, my sister and her boyfriend Mark, and some of the friends I have made on the island.

While the farm is isolated in the beautiful rainforest, the island of St. Croix is more than a host. As Nate said you can either live "on" the island or "in" St. Croix. We try to be a part of the community.

Much like the days here, the weekend was full of activity. Some people chose to stay on the farm and others adventured into Christiansted or Frederiksted. The highlights for me were the Saturday hike to the tide pools in Annaly bay, an excellent dinner at Savant Restaurant, quality time with Lex, and the Sunday Haiti benefit pig roast and auction.

Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment