Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 5 - Making Fire

Thank you to everyone who subscribed to this blog and took the time to read some of it, it really means a lot to me. I'm in an interesting transitional period in my life here and all of the support from friends and family really helps.

Today marks one week living in the rainforest. Time is going so quickly. Despite our differences everyone respects each other and we get along well. we incorporated primitive skills into our education module. Survival skills make up a lot of the teaching that they do on the farm here as a value-added product. The lesson really began last night when we went on a hike in the dark up to the ridge. From there we watched the stars and built a fire using a bow drill. Today we built on that by making our own bows from different wood found in the forest.

I will make fire before I leave here.

No comments:

Post a Comment